Dr. Ravikanth Kongara is one of the country’s leading Bariatric Surgery expert. He is a Senior Medical Advisor and Strategic Partner to Tamira Life for Bariatric Surgery, Weight Loss and Obesity Treatment.
He pursued a DNB (Diplomat of National Board, New Delhi) in Surgical Gastroenterology ( A three year super speciality – after his post graduation) from the prestigious NIMS (Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences) in Hyderabad.
His special interest in Bariatric Surgery, led Dr. Ravikanth Kongara to pursue advanced training in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery in A.Z. Niklass, Belgium.
Dr. Ravikanth was born in Huzur Nagar village of Nalgonda district in 1980. His schooling upto SSC was in the Telugu medium Chaitanya School in Huzur Nagar, Nalgonda district.
After his MBBS from Kakatiya Medical College (Warangal), he secured 10th rank in PG entrance test and pursued M.S (Master of Surgery) from Osmania Medical College – Hyderabad.
Dr. Ravikanth secured 1st rank in DNB super speciality entrance test conducted by National Board of Examination (New Delhi) and pursued DNB in Surgical Gastroenterology from NIMS -Hyderabad.
In 2014, Dr. Ravikanth also successfully performed bariatric surgery on his mother to relieve her of her diabetes and 80 units of insulin.
Read more about Dr. Ravikanth Kongara and his Bariatric Surgery practise on his website www.ravikanthkongara.com
Why Dr. Ravikanth Kongara?
Dr. Ravikanth Kongara performs the highest number of Bariatric Surgeries per month in all of South India and is considered a pioneer for Bariatric Surgery in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
His high level of skill and experience has helped him successfully treat as many as 25+ patients who weigh between 200 and 250 kilos.
Under Bariatric Procedures, these kind of surgeries are categorised as being the most difficult and with a high degree of risk.
Awards and Achievements
- Performed the highest number of Bariatric Surgeries in all of South Indian states.
- Certified by Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- BEST PAPER AWARD in free paper session in annual national conference of Indian association of surgical gastroenterology- IASGCON 2010 for the paper entitled “GENETIC STUDY OF HEREDITARY NON POLYPOSIS COLORECTAL CANCER (HNPCC): ARE DIFFERENT GUIDELINES REQUIRED FOR HNPCC SCREENING IN INDIA?”
- Got GOLD MEDAL IN PHARMACOLOGY, PATHOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY at Kakatiya medical college Warangal, Telangana.
- Got STATE 10TH RANK IN APPG MEDICAL ENTRANCE TEST in first attempt and opted for General surgery at Osmania medical college, Hyderabad.
- POST GRADUATION M.S (Master of Surgery) From prestigious Osmania Medical College Hyderabad, Telangana.
- SUPER SPECIALITY plus 3 Years.
- MD DEGREE ECFMG with 99 percentile Score in USMLE