CoolSculpting for fat removal is a revolution in anti-aging and body sculpting technology. It is a simple and non-surgical process used to remove stubborn fat that even diet and exercise cannot get rid of. Furthermore, it costs less than laser liposuction or surgical liposuction but gives similar results. It is designed to be an alternative to liposuction and it does not involve surgery. If you are dissatisfied with the shape and appearance of certain areas of your body, then CoolSculpting may help.
What is CoolSculpting?
In simple words, it is a fat-freezing procedure that was initially only available for the abdomen, flanks, and bra rolls, however, today it is also available for arm fat, double chin, and saddlebags. The procedure is done through the application of cold over fatty deposits in your body. This works by attacking and eliminating the fat cells found on your hips, thighs, back, chin, arms, or other areas of concentrated fat build-up you are not happy with from what you see in the mirror. The fat cells freeze at a very low temperature and die without any damage to the surrounding tissues. And once they’re frozen, they can be gradually eliminated from your body through its natural elimination process.
The procedure eliminates fat without downtime, needles, or surgery. However, it does not come under the weight-loss program.
It is mostly recommended for individuals who
- wish to focus specific parts of bodies that are resistant and stubborn to healthy eating habits and exercise
- notice minimal weight fluctuations and
- live active lifestyles
Below, you’ll find complete information about this popular treatment and how the procedure works within these areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What parts of the body can you do CoolSculpting?
An excellent feature of CoolSculpting is it can be used for treating or transforming several common areas in the body. Some of the best CoolSculpting areas of treatment are as follows:
- Back fat: It is an effective procedure for eliminating fat on certain parts of the back. CoolSculpting procedure is applied on the bra bulge fat underneath the bra line, mid-back fat especially the sides and lower back areas that spread on the sides or love handles. The tissues in these regions respond excellently after treatment.
- Upper arms: If you are worried about your wings, you should know that they can be rectified with this treatment option. As you grow older, the upper arms begin to change. Though you had shapely and toned biceps when you were young, the development of loose skin and fatty deposits in the arms results in a batwing or flabby look. CoolSculpting arms aids in treating the additional fat that has accumulated in the upper arms. But if you are loose skin, it is not advisable to remove any fat in this part as it may make the problem worse.
- Flanks: At times, though you lose weight, bulges at the love handles or sides would not shrink. By opting for this procedure, there is no need to cover sides any longer. You would notice pants fitting better and also feel confident in slim shirts.
- Thighs: It is the most stubborn part of the body, where squats alone are hard to eliminate. If you notice the skin around the inner thighs, it remains easy to pinch and touch the surface fat. It is the best option for outer and inner thigh areas though there are very unique.
- Under the buttocks: If you notice the areas under the buttocks, you would find pouches of fat. It is referred to as banana rolls. By applying CoolSculpting for buttocks, the area would get smoothed out to more contoured and slimmer. The results can be seen in the remaining areas of the legs too.
- Abdomen: Do you have this doubt- does CoolSculpting work on belly fat? Most people focus to get flat abs and stomachs but these are the common areas the body accumulates fat. Therefore, it is challenging to target and correct this area with exercise and diet. But this procedure targets the stubborn fat and rectifies it without any surgical procedures. It is the most common part that many patients want right.
- Double chin: Due to genetic tendency, many people have fat under the chin. Though they perform chin exercises, it may look challenging to resolve this double chin. In the cosmetology field, a mini CoolSculpting machine or applicator is used to cure the chin region. It targets safely and precisely.
- Can you do multiple CoolSculpting?
Yes! It is possible to plan several sessions for improved results. In most cases, the procedure is repeated for two major reasons. The first reason- when the initial procedure did not remove fat as per your expectations. You would have expected to eliminate 50% of fat but the initial procedure would have eliminated only 25% of fat. It is why most physicians recommend at least two treatments for best results.
The second reason- initially you would have been satisfied with the results, but after two to three months, you may prefer to remove extra fat. In this case, you have to discuss with your physician and schedule a third or fourth treatment.
- How much is CoolSculpting for the whole body?
The CoolSculpting cost in Chennai differs from procedure to procedure and patient to patient. According to the medical history of the patient, the cost and procedure would differ. The approximate price for the whole body starts from Rs. 35,000.
If you wish to know information for specific treatments like CoolSculpting cost for thighs, you should consult the physician for an accurate price.
- Does CoolSculpting change your body shape?
Yes, it will change your body shape and offers faster results too. As it freezes the fat that is located beneath the skin and is then broken down, it will be disposed of by the body via sweat and urine.
When the procedure is done on body parts like the belly, love handles, or thighs, it will reduce the amount of fat, which will lead to a change in the shape of the body. It is one of the best ways to get back into shape, which offers instant results with minimal side effects.
- What are the negative effects of CoolSculpting?
Unlike other cosmetic procedures like liposuction, CoolSculpting side effects are very minimal, as it is a non-invasive treatment, hence, there is no recovery period too. A few patients might feel itchiness, redness, and swelling post the procedure. However, in the majority of the case, they should reside in no time.
Another negative effect is skin loosing. If an excess of fat has been removed from a specific area, the patient might have loose skin, which is a common phenomenon in most weight losing procedures, including working out.
- How many inches can you lose with CoolSculpting?
This depends on the individual. It is reported that a patient can lose up to 24 percent of overall body fat using this technique. Depending on the body area, the procedure can remove up to 3-inches of body fat, especially if it is performed on the belly area. However, if the procedure is done on hands or legs, you might be able to lose around half an inch to one inch of fat.
- Is CoolSculpting permanent or temporary?
Nothing is permanent on the human body. The CoolSculpting results can be maintained if the patient follows a strict diet along with a bit an exercise. If a patient continues to intake calorie-rich food, they are likely to regain the lost fat in no time. So, results obtained after the procedure can be permanent if you are ready to work for it.
- Can fat come back after CoolSculpting?
Yes, it can. With this treatment, you can only remove the already existing body fat and do not inhibit fat accumulation. Hence, if you don’t watch your diet after the procedure, the fat can make a comeback in just a few months. Do note that, some patients might have to undergo multiple sessions to get desired results.
To simply put, it entirely depends on the lifestyle choice. The fat does not come back in a day or a week, and it usually takes months. Hence, it is always important to follow post-treatment care and maintain a healthy lifestyle to maintain the results.
- Where does the fat go when you CoolSculpting?
Some people think what is the difference between CoolSculpting and Cryolipolysis. Well, CoolSculpting is scientifically known as Cryolipolysis, where, specially designed equipment is used to freeze the fat beneath the skin layer. This frozen fat is then broken down, which will be naturally removed by the body along with other bodily fluids. So, after the treatment, the body will discard the fat via sweat and urine.
As the body takes its own time to remove the fat, it usually takes around three months to showcase the full results. One might have to undergo multiple sessions for the same body region, especially if there is an excess amount of fat.
- Can CoolSculpting tighten skin?
No, it does not tighten the skin. It loosens the skin. Once the fat is removed from the body, the already-stretched skin has nowhere to go, hence, post-procedure, some patients might feel skin loose, and this procedure will not tighten the skin but it does the other way around.
- Is there an age limit for CoolSculpting?
No, there is no age limit for this procedure. However, patients who are under the age of 18 have to get consent from parents or guardians. An eligible adult should be able to undergo the CoolSculpting procedure without any hesitation.
- What should you avoid after CoolSculpting?
As this is a non-invasive type of procedure, you could continue to do normal day-to-day tasks without any issue. However, it is not recommended to wear tight clothes post the procedure for the first few days. Again, keep an eye on your diet, especially if you don’t want to go back to zero.
- How long is stomach swollen after CoolSculpting?
Most patients undergoing this procedure will have some amount of redness and swelling at the area of treatment. This will naturally reside in the next three days. In some cases, the area might look a bit bloated up to around three weeks, again, this should also go away without requiring any medical attention.
- Should I wear a compression garment after CoolSculpting?
No, you should do quite the opposite. To make the area of treatment heal better, it is suggested to wear loose and airy clothes, especially for the first few weeks after the treatment. Wearing tight clothes might restrict the blood flow, which might increase the time taken for the reduction of swelling and bloating. Hence, do not wear compression clothes immediately after the CoolSculpting treatment.
- Is CoolSculpting or liposuction better?
There is no price for guessing, as CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure is a much safer and better option for body contouring. Unlike liposuction, which involves opening the body and removing the fat manually, CoolSculpting uses the best of science to remove the body fat smartly.
Unlike liposuction, where a patient has to wait to for a couple of days before going back to normal day-to-day activities. But with this treatment, one can get back to their work right after the procedure with no recovery period. Though liposuction has gotten a lot more sophisticated over the last decade, something like cutting the body open will always open up a tonne of risks, which might take a wrong turn.